LIUNA Station Limited Accessibility Policy
LIUNA Hospitality Corporation
Statement of Commitment
The purpose of the Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2001 (ODA) is to improve opportunities for people with disabilities and to provide for their involvement in the identification, removal, and prevention of barriers. Liuna Hospitality Corporation is committed to the continual improvement of barrier-free access to our facilities and services. We are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner, and will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility and meeting accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. We have continued to ensure that in our day to day activities, Liuna Hospitality Corporation is fulfilling all the requirements of this regulation in keeping with the principles of dignity, independence, equality, and integration.
Accessible Built Environment Standard
The Accessible Built Environment Standard addresses all elements of the built environment in both indoor and outdoor spaces. Elements include access, egress, circulation, parking, signage, parks, trails, and many more areas. This standard is currently in development and is expected to apply to all new construction or major renovations to existing facilities. This Standard is reflected in two pieces of legislative components including the Ontario Building Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
We are committed to working towards an accessible website and website content that will comply with the World Wide Web Consortium Web Content Accessibility Guidelines initially at Level A and moving towards Level AA standards.
Accessible Information and Communications Standard
Liuna Hospitality Corporation will continue to ensure that all its web-based, print, over the counter and other feedback process(es) will be made available in accessible formats or with communication supports upon request.
When providing information to, or communicating with, a person with a disability, we will provide, on request, the information and communication in an accessible format or with a communication support. We will work in consultation with the person with the disability to provide them with the information in a manner that takes into account the person’s disability.
Liuna Hospitality Corporation will continue to ensure that any new content posted to our website will be in an accessible format, whenever possible, and where not possible that the information will be provided in alternate formats on request.
Liuna Hospitality Corporation will ensure that our websites meet WCAG 2.0 Level AA by January 1, 2021.
Liuna Hospitality Corporation ensures that all staff who join Liuna Hospitality Corporation. in positions that involve interaction with the public or other third parties receive training on this standard and how to communicate with people who have disabilities.
We will provide training on customer service to all employees who provide services, and who are involved in the development and approvals of customer service policies, practices, and procedures. New staff and staff who commence new duties that involve interaction with the public or other third parties will take part in training.
Liuna Hospitality Corporation will provide staff with training that includes:
- A review of the purposes of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the Accessibility Standards for Customer Service;
- How to interact and communicate with persons with various types of disabilities;
- How to interact with persons with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person;
- How to use the equipment or devices available on our premises, or otherwise, that may assist with the provision of goods or services to persons with disabilities;
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing our goods and services; and
- Liuna Hospitality Corporation policies, practices and procedures relating to the provision of goods or services to persons with disabilities
Our employment practices will include notification of the availability of accommodation for applicants with disabilities as required by Sections 22 and 23 of the Accessible Employment Standard. All job ads state that if a candidate requires accommodations to submit an application and/or to participate in an interview, they can contact us and we will discuss how best to accommodate them.
Liuna Hospitality Corporation will notify job applicants who have been invited to participate in a recruitment, assessment or selection process that, where needed, accommodations are available for disabilities upon request.
All new employees are given a New Employee Envelope which includes this Policy and our Multi-year accessibility plan.
Informing Employees with Disabilities of Supports Available to them
Where employee needs dictate, we will provide individualized workplace emergency response information to employees who have a disability . Our performance management and career development processes will take into account the accessibility needs of its employees with disabilities.
In compliance with Section 25 of this Standard, Liuna Hospitality Corporation will inform new and existing employees of our policies for supporting employees with disabilities including providing employment -related accommodations for disabilities wherever possible.
New employees will be provided with this information as part of their orientation.
All employees will be given updated information whenever there is a change to existing policies on the provision of job accommodations that take into account an employee’s accessibility needs due to a disability. Liuna Hospitality Corporation will always ensure that communication accommodation needs are taken into account when determining the ways this information will be communicated.
Employees will be assured that their privacy will be respected and that any sharing of information about their accommodation needs will be discussed with them and plans for communication made with their consent.
Accessible Formats and Communication Supports for Employees
In compliance with Section 26 of the Accessible Employment Standard, Liuna Hospitality Corporation will consult with our employees who have disabilities in order to provide them with the accessible formats and communication supports they require to do their jobs effectively and so receive information that is generally available to all employees.
Workplace Emergency Response Information
Liuna Hospitality Corporation provides individual workplace emergency response information to employees who have a disability:
- where the disability is such that individual information is necessary, and
- where Liuna Hospitality Corporation is aware of the need for accommodation due to the employee’s disability.
If an employee with individualized workplace emergency response information
requires assistance and provides consent, Liuna Hospitality Corporation will provide the individualized information to the person designated by Liuna Hospitality Corporation to provide assistance to the employee.
Individualized information is provided as soon as practicable after Liuna Hospitality Corporation becomes aware of the need for accommodation due to an employee’s disability.
Liuna Hospitality Corporation will review the individualized workplace emergency response information:
- When the employee moves to a different location
- When the employee’s overall accommodation needs or plan are reviewed
- When Liuna Hospitality Corporation reviews its general emergency response policies.
Documented Individual Accommodation Plans
Liuna Hospitality Corporation will develop written, individual accommodation plans for employees with disabilities ensuring that the eight steps outlined in Section 28 of the Accessible Employment Standard are followed, namely:
- The manner in which an employee requesting accommodation can participate in the development of the individual accommodation plan.
- The means by which the employee is assessed on an individual basis.
- The manner in which the employer can request an evaluation by an outside medical or another expert, at the employer’s expense, to assist the employer in determining if accommodation can be achieved and, if so, how accommodation can be achieved.
- The manner in which the employee can request the participation of a representative from their bargaining agent, where the employee is represented by a bargaining agent, in the development of the accommodation plan.
- The steps taken to protect the privacy of the employee’s personal information.
- The frequency with which the individual accommodation plan will be reviewed
- and updated and the manner in which it will be done.
- If an individual accommodation plan is denied, the manner in which the reasons for the denial will be provided to the employee.
- The means of providing the individual accommodation plan in a format that takes into account the employee’s accessibility needs due to disability.
Return to Work Process
Our return to work process for employees with disabilities who have been absent due to their disability and require accommodations to return to work will:
- Outline the steps we will take to facilitate the employee’s return to work
- Use their individual accommodation plan- where it exists- as part of the process.
Liuna Hospitality Corporation welcomes people with disabilities who use assistive devices, support people or service animals and trains our staff on how to interact with people who use assistive devices, support people or service animals. We welcome feedback to ensure that our employees are providing appropriate service to people with accommodation needs.
If there is a disruption to the facilities or services usually accessed by people with disabilities, Liuna Hospitality Corporation will post a notice at the public entrance of our premises. Depending on the nature of the disruption, notice may also be provided on our website.
LIUNA Multi-year Accessibility Plan
The Liuna Hospitality Corporation Multi-year Accessibility Plan describes measures currently in place and measures that will be taken over the next five years to comply with new and emerging legislation.
The 2013-2017 Accessibility Plan outlines the actions Liuna Hospitality Corporation will put in place to improve opportunities for people with disabilities. This Plan will be reviewed each year and amended as required.In 2018 we will publish a new multi-year accessibility plan. All of these documents will be publicly available on our website and available in alternate formats upon request.
Measuring Results/Being Accountable
We will ensure that we are accountable by doing the following
- Annual Accessibility Report: At the end of each year Liuna Hospitality Corporation will prepare an Annual Accessibility Report on how we have met our goals, commitments and the legislative requirements for that year, as laid out in our Multi-Year Accessibility Plan.
- Feedback: We will monitor feedback we receive throughout the year related to accessibility and integrate this information into our Annual Accessibility Report.
- Revisions to the multi-year plan: If through feedback and our own accessibility planning processes, we feel that the multi-year plan needs revision, we will update it, complying with the timelines and requirements of the Accessibility regulations.
- Our Annual Accessibility Report and any revisions to the multi-year plan will be available on our website, and will be provided in alternate formats on request. Comments from the public on our accomplishments and plans will be welcome and will be used in our ongoing accessibility planning.